View Single Post

September 30th, 2013, 16:51
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I wanna know who the original idiot was that decided that having a show to talk about a show made any kind of sense. Perhaps this is where network tv would at least draw a line, lol. I think I've only seen AMC do this so far, I find it hard to believe that these shows would attract any audience whatsoever, but then again I don't get reality tv either.
Don't know that it's really a unique approach. Most of the singing contests have been doing it that way. You get one day of performances followed by a second day of replays and chit-chat and 3 minutes of voting results. A slightly different take on the ploy is being done by FX for their popular series- the separately scheduled "3 minute review" of their big shows like Sons of Anarchy and The Bridge.

I think they'd have better luck if they used their unique resources (actors and crew) to give insider/backstage views rather than just having a gabfest with a host who's best talent is a carnival barker voice.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer