View Single Post

October 2nd, 2013, 18:43
Ah well, I had to educate myself with a couple of gophers's videos to figure out how to properly install mods without installation scripts that have multiple options for installation, use of archive invalidation in NMM (which is odd to say the least), use of FNVedit for understanding conflicts better between mods, creating my own customized / merged mods, etc.

So it looks pretty amazing now. Although, there were some conflicts, and I just had to wing it, pick a winner, and hope for the best. I used pretty much all of Drithius' listed texture / face replacement mods plus most of the other stuff that didn't change the gameplay or add new quests / areas except for the Underground Hideout. Nevada Skies really is amazing. There are some pretty freaky weathers.

From what I've seen, NMM/FOMM needs to improve the user and modder experience. It really should be smart enough to know when one mod is a patch for another or when a mod has multiple optional files or combinations of files that must be properly combined to improve the user experience. A modder shouldn't have to write an installation script to do these kinds of basic things. It should be in the FMOD file or file structures.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor