View Single Post

October 4th, 2013, 02:10
Originally Posted by Wesp5 View Post
On the surface maybe, but underneath, no way! I mean come on, you could buy every kind of modern weapon from vending machines distributed all over the island, but still had to make pouches by killing deer? That gameplay system was as stupid as it could possibly get and the missions were boring and repetitive! I would rather play the Dead Island games instead, which are set in a similar environment, but sadly only center around killing zombies and with some very stupid gameplay mechanism on their own.
ha! FC3 was ridiculous in many ways I agree, and the actual gameplay mechanics differ in many ways too. FarCry 3 expects the player to throw common sense out the window and was much more focused on cheap thrills, but the setting for both games were quite simular; both were open world jungle games full of deadly wildlife and gun toting locals, and both had a great sense of fun about them. The way Jason or whatever his name was was grossed out when gutting an animal always made me laugh.

If you do give FC3 another go, trying turning off 95% of your cognitive function before hand, that's the key!

badmofo

Tired but happy