View Single Post

October 5th, 2013, 00:51
It's not a game to advise but I have to admit it got me as I replay it through the Heroic mode. Knowing all the classic and top game waiting I play it's total non sense.

But to answer to Gothicness, the writing is about 1/3 average, 1/3 bellow average and 1/3 very bad. That's why I think that the links with the trilogy or Tolkien world is only a minor element, despite there's a significant amount of work on that.

You'll cross the paths of the book few time and then will meet some characters of the trilogy: Gandalf, Elrond, Frodo, Bilbo, Legolas, Gimli, Arwen, Aragorn and Radagast. But this last is only in the books not the movies. And there's also not from the trilogy, but Tolkien world, Elrond's sons Elladan and Elrohir, Gwaihir. Not sure if other NPC/characters are from Tolkien world.

Form the villains point, you'll heard about the Nazguls, will met/see some of their flying mounts and wargs, you'll fight some Uruk-hai and many types of Orcs, various type of Trolls (some really remind the movie).

You'll cross path of the trilogy in three places, Bree, Sarn Ford, and Rivendell. And that's through Bree and Rivendell that you'll cross some characters of the trilogy and have interactive dialogs with them. After Rivendell the reference of the trilogy are mainly few references of the main events of the trilogy that happen in parallel.

There's also many dialogs took from the movies trilogy and transposed in the game context. One I quoted is when you play a Dwarf and have a dialog with Legolas you have a chain of dialog choices allowing you mimic a dispute between Legolas and Grimli.

But again, it's not a good reason to buy this game because of the very uneven writing quality. Only if you are fan of Tolkien world, perhaps.

The main reason to get this game are the fights, which are for me, one of the best in this genre, and the more I play the more I feel it like that. It even gives the feeling that the game is far to exploit all the possibilities of the fight system through the design of the fights.

Ihaterpg

Banned