View Single Post

October 5th, 2013, 01:23
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
Totally different times now, I just can't see someone like me walking into EA offices to shoot the shit with the developers and programmers . . .
I tried to visit the office of EA in Cologne, Germany. The tale is somewhere here in the forums.

As I learned there, EA's building is a bit like a fortress : It has a few doors (not many), and one I tried to get in was only for businessmen. The other door … I didn't try there anymore, I was too frustrated. And what I had thought to be the "main door" was basically just the entrance, because there seemingly were a few more tiny firms in that building …

I tend to believe that nowadays personal contact isn't wanted anymore.
Or, perhaps, it is less wanted the bigger the company becomes.

I once ringed at the door of the Cologne office of of Digital River, an online payment company / firm to complain about something, and I didn't even get an answer or an opened door (again, there were more firms in that building as well).

I fear that online contacts are more and more replacing personal contacts.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR