View Single Post

October 5th, 2013, 16:58
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
I'm playing through Oblivion for the first time without mods and having a blast. A lot of the balancing problems of Morrowind have been adressed, and it's not yet the simplified herp derp system of character progression that Skyrim has. Also, let's face it, the traditional high fantasy setting with its standard art assets lends itself much better to modding.
I enjoyed my first time in Vanilla Obilivion up until the point where every single bandit has Glass Armor…level scaling FTW. Or not. Then I just hurried through to finish the game, never to revisit it unmodded again. I never felt that way in Morrowind, had a blast the entire time the last time I did a complete run with the expansions, without mods. Balance issues? Well, yeah maybe, it gets kind of wacky when your jumping all over the place. But it's alot of fun.

I don't know if level scaling is in Morrowwind, if it is it's alot less obvious than in Oblivion or Skyrim. It totally kills my experience in the vanilla versions of those two (Skyrim actually does a pretty good job of keeping it a secret, but I would prefer it if it wasn't there. At all.)

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?