View Single Post

October 5th, 2013, 19:24
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
I enjoyed my first time in Vanilla Obilivion up until the point where every single bandit has Glass Armor…level scaling FTW. Or not. Then I just hurried through to finish the game, never to revisit it unmodded again. I never felt that way in Morrowind, had a blast the entire time the last time I did a complete run with the expansions, without mods. Balance issues? Well, yeah maybe, it gets kind of wacky when your jumping all over the place. But it's alot of fun.

I don't know if level scaling is in Morrowwind, if it is it's alot less obvious than in Oblivion or Skyrim. It totally kills my experience in the vanilla versions of those two (Skyrim actually does a pretty good job of keeping it a secret, but I would prefer it if it wasn't there. At all.)
Level scaling isn't a terrible thing in itself, especially for an open world game. Level locked content kinda defeats the purpose of an open world, so it's very much a subjective preference. Some people want to feel all powerful and therefore they want to go back and stomp on some bandit's face. I know this is a huge deal for some people, so YMMV.

The first thing I noticed was how the world in Oblivion wasn't full of valuable items lying around everywhere like it was in Morrowind which, with the inclusion of trainers, made the game seem like one big joke.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror