View Single Post

October 6th, 2013, 13:23
The respawning's not that big a deal. Monsters that are weaker than you, which is all I see if I revisit an area, tend to ignore you, so it's really up to you whether you fight them or not, and it's the kind of game where any items they drop are lower level and therefore useless. I can't say I've seen any respawning loot containers yet, but I imagine they follow the same rules. There's not really any reason to backtrack anyway. I didn't even remember there being respawns until I started playing again.

I'd say it's not as deep and interesting as Divine Divinity, and you're completely locked into one set of class abilities and inventory once you start. Each class gets a slightly different beginning, and you can get some different dialogue from early quest givers, but other than that it doesn't differ much. Minor NPCs run away from certain classes (daemon and vampire, I think), but not to any real effect. Your character has different chatter, which does give you a little sense of character.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch