View Single Post

October 8th, 2013, 09:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Level scaling in general yes, but not level scaling to the degree that Oblivion had it. Bethesda hasn't catered to enthusiasts for a long time, so the negative feedback they received must have been a significant amount. Otherwise they wouldn't have toned it down so much in their later games.
They've toned it back, sure, but it's still pretty excessive. I'm certainly not at all happy with it in Fallout 3 or Skyrim. If you don't mod those games - they're a total pushover even on the hardest difficulty modes - and you basically never run into a serious challenge, because you can just drink potions indefinitely. It's stupid.

I don't think they're all that different from Oblivion in terms of challenge or the sense of progression. I think what they wanted to address was seeing bandits in Glass armor all over the place - because that was completely ridiculous in Oblivion, no matter how casual you are.

I honestly don't think most casual/mainstream gamers had a problem with Oblivion because of level-scaling.

If you do - then we just differ on that.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential