View Single Post

October 8th, 2013, 13:41
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
I also think that's probably what was on my mind the most, and it's still the best reference, not only chronologically. Oblivion plays like a more polished Morrowind but has quite a few differences to Skyrim.

I can agree with the stealth part. I find Skyrim's leveling system simplified in the wrong direction, but it's actually so fundamentally different from the established system since Daggerfall/ Morrowind/ Oblivion that I find them hard to compare. It's like saying I like Skyrim more than Baldur's Gate.

7. I love the dragons.

who doesn't
I don't need games to be similar to like one over the other.

But if you think Skyrim is as different from Oblivion as it is from Baldur's Gate - then I think we have some idea of how sane you are

But I consider Skyrim a huge step up from the ultra dreary skill system in both Oblivion and Morrowind. Those games had no "toys" at all - they just had tiny increments - and Oblivion had, what, 4 dull passives for each skill?

Talk about a snorefest in terms of mechanics. TES games were never big on interesting mechanics, but Skyrim is a gargantuan step in the right direction, if you ask me.

That's one of the best things about Fallout 3. Bethesda figured out why SPECIAL is a cool system: the perks.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential