View Single Post

October 9th, 2013, 13:00
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I think you're wrong in that you're "constantly" swapping between nearly identical weapons. My experience is that you're swapping between weapons that are often quite different - which is part of the fun. The "constant" part is mostly in the beginning - and as soon as you find some of the unique weapons - the frequency will drop significantly. Obviously, this requires you to have played the game for a while.

I don't know why you'd conclude that I prefer easy and frequent upgrades. All I'm saying is that I like more variety - and I don't need all that variety to be super significant.

I'm fine with waiting for significant upgrades - and I'd feel saturated if I got something super sigificant every few minutes.
I played Borderlands fairly recently and all the way through to the end, and my experience was that I was upgrading every few minutes for the majority of the game.

Were there unique and powerful weapons in Borderlands? Of course there were. My point though is that the upgrade process was something that was constant and very frequent, and that's a fact.

That's not what I like in a game, but to each his own. Personally, I don't get excited by constant upgrades, and it has nothing to do with variety.

I'm not claiming that one way is better than the other. Again, it just comes down to what an individual prefers.

JDR13

SasqWatch