View Single Post

October 9th, 2013, 12:12
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I played Borderlands fairly recently and all the way through to the end, and my experience was that I was upgrading every few minutes for the majority of the game.

Were there unique and powerful weapons in Borderlands? Of course there were. My point though is that the upgrade process was something that was constant and very frequent, and that's a fact.

That's not what I like in a game, but to each his own. Personally, I don't get excited by constant upgrades, and it has nothing to do with variety.

I'm not claiming that one way is better than the other. Again, it just comes down to what an individual prefers.
Ok, we must have had very different sessions. I tend to find some weapons I really like - and I keep them for quite a while and often for hours after reaching the higher levels.

You kept upgrading every few minutes from start to finish? Wow, you must have had some serious luck! I'd often have to play for what seemed like hours before finding something that made a difference towards the end.

If my experience with Borderlands had been minimal upgrades every few minutes - and I couldn't see how different the weapons behaved, I'd probably have much the same opinion as you.

But that wasn't the Borderlands I played, so I can't agree with your conclusions.

It's all good, though.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential