View Single Post

October 10th, 2013, 18:03
About the Mercenary:
The Mercenary is the first class which has a starting skill which can not be improved up to GrandMaster. The advanced Class ability seems to be pretty strong though I don't know how a crit is calculated. But I am not sure wether this mitigates the drawback of not having the weapon class GrandMastered. Overall - what is the idea behind having all weapon skills capped master? I don't see why anyone should actually bring all of them to a master level. I can't think of a single game where you play a party where I raised more than one melee skill for the character. The only exception is when you don't have to spend points to do so.

About the other classes:
For those interested, I threw all classes together in one Sheet over here.
Each Race seems to get three classes: A Melee Class, a Ranged Class and a Magical Class.
So what can we expect for the rest?
My guess is that the humans get either another ranged class. However they are in a position of already having the mercenary which might cover both roles. My guess is that they either get something really weird or something really generic.
For the elves I think it's quite obvious that they get a Class like a Bladedancer. We do not have any GrandMaster Sword and Dual Wield class yet and they would be pretty fitting to Elves.
The Dwarfs are missing a Mage class. So I guess they will get Mage which covers the Fire and Light Grandmaster spots which are still open.
And for orcs…guess it will be "just another ranged class".
Last edited by Kordanor; October 12th, 2013 at 02:14.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor