View Single Post

October 12th, 2013, 17:58
Alrik, facial paralysis is not a rare condition. It's a common symptom with cerebral infarctions and haemorrhage. Besides, the facial nerve may be affected localy (Bell's paresis, quite often reversible), I've seen it several times. There's nothing strange about it, it's purely an impairment of muscles, along with salive and tear glands.

Mostly the symptoms are unilateral, so emotional expression is possible. It will of course be more difficult with bilateral affection. But they still have other ways of expressing emotions.

As for the importance of numbers in science, that's been the case in the hard sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry) for 200 years or so. Humaniora and the social sciences have developed their own methodology, which occasionally have been frowned upon as long as they've existed. The physicist and Nobel laureate Ernest Rutherford is supposed to have claimed that "The only possible interpretation of any research whatever in the 'social sciences' is: some do, some don't”. I don't know exactly when, but he died in 1937, so it was probably before then. In other words nothing new, and the soft sciences are still here. And thankfully, I don't see any sign of them disappearing. Unlike astrology which is not recognized as a science because it isn't a science.

pibbur who because he is a capricorn, don't believe in astrology.

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++
Last edited by pibbur who; October 13th, 2013 at 09:36.

pibbur who

Number 13