View Single Post

October 17th, 2013, 21:31
well the first door says "locked" and the first monster you encounter, which should be fairly quickly, will always have a key.

what I'm going to do based on your input, and having a night to sleep on it, is

Spoiler

I'll add the stats to the help screen too and make it more prominent. I might add the help screen to the start menu too. that shouldn't be too difficult.

I'll play around with getting the text in the camp screen to display right concerning HP and Mana. I didn't want to mess around with fields that were that small but it looks like I'll need to.

You might remember that the text in the Combat screen are mostly images due to the fact that text does not scale in Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). Making those into text images should do the trick.

So Beta Testers

when I change level 1 and 2 you'll have to start a new game as your save games will break the change since the whole map is saved there. Will this ne too much of a problem?

going thru the door only to reappear at the other side of the room…
is this happening? the door should just stop you until you get a key. it shouldn't move you. on the other side of the door are more areas. I haven't scripted any teleportation.

Keep in mind that i'm 42 and am very picky with the games that I play nowadays. Its ok to not agree with me.
your opinion is great. I need other insight because I lose touch with the gamers side. I'm already going to make three changes based on your suggestions. I thought they were part of the design or no big deal but clearly they need changing.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch