View Single Post

October 18th, 2013, 20:17
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
I've made a vow: every time someone bitches about Steam, that's one less game I buy on GoG, GG, etc.

Want to support your favorite platform?
Kindly stfu.
Please, please do as you like. I don't have a favourite DD platform. There isn't one worth supporting by definition.

@STEAM fanboys

Not discussing your point, but spreading hate doesn't convince anyone.

I've made my point several times already, but I try again nonetheless.

Do you think that the rise of DD has improved anything in our culture? Do you believe that people would cherish the "White Album" by the Beatles if it was first and last released on iTunes only? Heck, would somebody know its name anyway? Same with Metallica and the "Black album", if it suits you more.

Have you ever tried opening the zipper of the Rolling Stones Album "Sticky Fingers" after downloading it in AAC format? You did not, because you just can't? Thought so.

And aren't we proud of our collection of "feelies" from Infocom Adventures in our STEAM library and the feel of the cloth map of Britannia from Ultima IV in our GG account. No, we aren't? Because there are none? Uh-oh.

DD rapes gaming to the point where it loses every cultural relevance and worth. As long as there is something haptic to be found, there will be people who don't pirate it.

Why don't we learn from the decline of the music industry? There is money in the business, but nowadays nearly in concerts only, where people could touch (if allowed) their favourite musicians.

And then there is STEAM, which is not only a despiseworthy DD platform, but the one with monopolistic strategies and a built-in copy protection ("STEAMworks") which prevents me from selling my games after I have played them. And don't mention the "play offline" button. Please, don't.

STEAM is the demise of gaming culture in a nutshell. I won't stop fighting them.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker