View Single Post

October 18th, 2013, 21:38
Mike, what's the matter with you?

Pulling one straw man after another? You call on me because I refer to an exemplary game (Colonel's Bequest) that does

Does it have a material impact on the game in ANY way? No. Is a single line of code, texture or graphics asset, music sample or control scheme impacted by the presence or absence?
fulfill your definition to the point? I never criticised the industry for not making more of these games, but I just logically deducted from this that there is a connection between what you called "trinkets" (I always thought these were trinklets, but I ain't no native speaker) and the game, as there is between a CD-cover and a music album.

If you still are not convinced, then let my cite Wikipedia (not the best source, I know, but I'm in a hurry here), which normally represents the common understanding:
Album art is still considered a vital part of the listening experience to many, and despite the less-tangible nature of digital images, there are still many collectors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album_cover

I don't think you know about guys like the Quay Brothers and their last MoMA exhibition, but you (and I still like your articles on mobile gaming) have heard of this:

To deny my presented idea in the light of this is just plain absurd.

And if you think, you have to ride the women-hater train here, let me tell you this: Men can also be "raped" in your sense of the word, this would make me a misanthropist in your logic. You are not able to ask my wife and children about this, so you have to rely on my track record here at the Watch. If you find more evidence than an unintentional misuse of a word by a non native speaker there, I rest my case.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker