View Single Post

October 21st, 2013, 18:17
Everyone makes their own choice, but to me LOTRO is an incredibly shallow husk of a game. While Shadows of Angmar created a lovely world to peel back the curtain on, that was quite a few years ago. The gameplay has only become progressively more predictable, tedious, and oriented towards grind.

If I had to choose between one of Turbine's f2p games, it would be DDO, hands-down. The character progression, enemy types, locales, and even quests are far, far more varied and interesting. Exactly how many orcs, goblins, wargs, and Uruk of Mordor can you kill with the same skill set over and over and over again and not be bored to tears? How many times must you be sent to collect broken arrows, warg pelts, and mushrooms before the game ultimately rings hollow?

I've had a Lotro lifetime account for years now and, the last time I bothered to enter the game with some resolve, I found myself so bored that no amount (read 20,000 -30,000) of free turbine points on my account could bribe me into staying.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien