View Single Post

October 24th, 2013, 09:20
It's not about being less intelligent - it's about being used to another kind of entertainment.

Denying this would be like denying that games are being dumbed down. Do you really think the producers behind these expensive TV shows are different? Don't be silly.

If you don't believe there's a difference between the US and the Scandinavian standard, then you're less informed than I'd have expected. For one, we simply don't have the money to make a spectacle to replace good writing.

There's also a difference between having money as the number one goal in life - and have it be merely important.

Now now, I'm not saying every US citizen has money as their number one goal - but you'll find it's more common in the US than Scandinavia.

One reason for that is that our societies have much stronger safety nets for people without the means to take care of themselves.

It's not about "superior morality" or whatever you're telling yourself I have to be saying. No, we're all human beings and we're all flawed.

But that doesn't mean our societies and cultures are identical.

But what am I doing - I'm talking to JDR. So, obviously what I've been saying is that you're all stupid and I'm so smart - and every point I've been making about this Saga character is obviously conceited and a reach.

There… I've saved us a bunch of time

DArtagnan

Waste of potential