View Single Post

October 26th, 2013, 18:28
"The Mass Effect games are not the first and will not be the last to inspire these kinds of reactions in people. They're also far from perfect from a 'game' perspective: in places broken, janky and just poorly thought out in so many ways. But my experiences in their universe are some of the most profoundly affecting and meaningful ones I've had with any form of media."

Sums it up perfectly. ME was one-of-a-kind for me. I'm unfortunately not optimistic that we'll ever get another franchise that allows so much perceived customization of your experience over an epic 3-game arc. When you consider the effort it took to continue your choices/character into ME2 and ME3, combined with the outcry BioWare got over the ending and the fact that they've basically painted themselves into a corner with any story progression following the events of ME3 (leaving us only with prequels and sidequels), I really don't believe any current game company would attempt it again. Therefore, a similar emotional investment is unlikely.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

ChaosTheory

Sentinel