View Single Post

October 30th, 2013, 16:55
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Hey Wolf, you'd likely know this… how is the Creation Engine for using multiple cores on a processor? Is it as pathetic as the Gamebryo engine? My gut's telling me yes considering they're pretty much the same engine, but I was wondering if you could refute or confirm that.
I am not sure really. I have read comments about a lot of the skyrim INI tweaks people talk about in regards to the subject to be more placebo than actual improvement.

Some of the more tech minded folks at ENBDEV did share some settings and I did get an FPS boost of about 5-10 but it is also hard to say if it is really that or just changes in mods and ENB binaries. So many variables to consider.

I have seen very complicated and decked out INI files (Ewi shares some pretty intense ones) and for the most part I have found the more I tweaked the more unstable the game became. So right now my skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini tweaks are skeletal - just the ones I need for running an ENB, one shadow setting (ENB related), basic improved water, two changes to allow for more grass (denser) and the one I am using from ENBDEV for the multi-thread and only because it was a lot cleaner and simpler than most I had seen.

skyrim.ini
Code:
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
bUseThreadedMorpher=1 
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1 
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1 

[BackgroundLoad]
bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1 
bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1 

[HAVOK]
iNumThreads=8 

[Decals]
bDecalMultithreaded=1

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch