View Single Post

November 3rd, 2013, 02:29
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
I'm not sure if you're trolling or just stupid, but I'll bite…

If I impersonate you I have not made a copy of you. The possibility of harm and loss is almost certain, as it is the ONLY reason to impersonate someone, and not at all speculative… Like a stolen credit card number doesn't make two credit cards.
Identity theft disproves your claim that "The thing about theft is when something is stolen from you you no longer have it". That was the point of the first example. They don't copy you, but they steal something which you don't lose yourself.

Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
Stealing your work to publish as my own doesn't make two separate works. I feel stupid explaining this. You must be trolling. But I mustn't underestimate the stupidity of my fellow man. Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups, after all…
I said copy your work. We live in an age where a manuscript can be copied, whether it's in paper format or digital. Copying something makes two (or more) separate copies of it. I feel stupid explaining this. You must be trolling. But I mustn't underestimate the stupidity of my fellow man. Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups, after all…

enm

Banned