View Single Post

November 4th, 2013, 22:43
Originally Posted by abharsair
I know why I skipped Vista and went directly from XP to 7. Let's hope there's a better successor to 8 and I can skip it as well.
Me too.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
The only reason I upgraded is that I don't want to miss out on the advantages of DirectX 11.2 - once games start utilising it. I figured I might as well get used to Win8.

But, really, there's no significant reason to upgrade for the vast majority of users out there.
Yeah, I think the more pertinent move would be to acclimatise yourself to Linux, as this is what drives SteamOS.

DirectX days are numbered. It's always been used to sell the new windows but 10 and 11 still haven't caught up to 9s popularity with developers. 11.2 won't be utilised until long after win9 comes out and even then only by people M$ bribe to incorporate into their game. WinXP could very well run DX10 and DX11 if M$ so wished, but then why would gamers upgrade? Now with Gaben saying Win8 is a catastrophe and controlling the majority of PC online distribution, which is where its at, there might actually be no reason at all to ever buy a new Windows. :O

Also, on a related note, I look very forward to seeing AMDs Mantle API benchmarks compared with DX11! That said, I've always been an Nvidia user and love my non-ref GTX680

SirJames

Sentinel