View Single Post

November 5th, 2013, 20:48
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
I dont have to. Assembling an engine does not make a game. Engines like Unity should allow developpers to save resources from assmbling an engine from scratch to concentrate on the core of a game: its gameplay.

The use of Unity does not guarantee in any case the delivery of a game: it simply makes it simpler to release a product that might or might not be a game.
And who would make a claim like the engine being done guarantees a working/ polished game?

From the words of the P:E devs, Unity has enabled them to get things done more quickly than they usually would. AFAIK P:E is still slated for a Q2 2014 release, though I'm willing to bet it'll be more like Q3. That's two years of development. Certainly not an eternity, but probably long enough to really polish a game whose technology you didn't have to create. I'm also guessing things may even speed up more in future projects the more items get added to the Unity Store. So yes, saving time on technology development frees up more time to spend on creating content. There's no arguing about that. Now, if the game had been due for 2013, I'd be skeptical. But then, advertising such a blatant rush in delivery wouldn't be a smart PR move anyway. In the end, it's up to the informed customer to make a decision as to what projects to support.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror