View Single Post

November 6th, 2013, 22:21
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Maybe someone should of told Inxile and Obsidian they asked for to much. How easily people have forgotten. It seems every new project asking for more than $50,000 is asking for to much lately.

He has my pledge and I hope he succeeds this time.
While I was talking about they're asking too much I didn't mean this game deserves 50.000 or 100.000 $. I wish every RPG project would collect millions of $. But unfortunately past experiences showed that in order to collect 500.000 or more $ either you must have a powerful brand under the hood, or you must be a legendary developer, or (most important) have enough press support. When Kickstarter revolution was new, there was a lot of attention from the mainstream gaming press. But this trend faded with time. An RPG project with 200.000 $ or more, must take the support from gaming sites other than RPGWatch, RPGCodex, Gamebanshee and RPS.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch