View Single Post

November 7th, 2013, 04:18
Well. I gave myself about 15 mins or so on it. Enough time to get a feel for how it's going to work, but that's about it for tonight. I can't really give much insight into the combat mechanics just yet, as it starts off rather simple (typical tutorial-style beginning). Though there is a bit of menu text that isn't fully implemented and other small issues along those lines, the game looks and feels quite polished.
1) char gen is simple, but it seems to fit the design of the game
2) sound effects and music are quite good. I still have the music in my head as I type this
3) voice acting is surprisingly good so far, though the timing is a bit rough here and there
4) character interaction seems simple and scripted, but again it feels like it's doing what it's supposed to do
5) graphics are nice, and definitely establish the mood of the scene
6) performance is very good on my mid-range PC; the game's initial load time is the only real noticeable load so far
7) I've only seen the first two battle maps, but after the initial disconcerting feel of not being able to rotate the map, they have played well and with good fluidity
8) the inventory/character sheets are nice and detailed

The biggest thing I can say about the game right now is that though I haven't had time to really fiddle with it, I am completely intrigued and can't wait to get a chance to sit down and seriously dig in. Nothing so far has indicated that I will be disappointed, and that is saying a lot since I've had high expectations for this game for quite a while.
I will try to get some real playing time in tomorrow and give a more informed and thoughtful early review.

Michael Dean

Watchdog