View Single Post

November 7th, 2013, 13:27
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
I picked this up (just the core game) during the Steam Halloween sale, and I have to say I can't why this was ever made as an MMO. It's got a good premise, some interesting areas and beasties, but it's got the same clunky, generic MMO gameplay that everything else has and seeing a horde of other people running around doing exactly the same quests ruins the atmosphere. I can't help but feel it could have been infinitely better if they'd just done a single-player game and gone with more appropriate controls, combat, etc.

I'll imagine I'll play around with it until I feel I've got my money's worth, but I just can't see it lasting for very long.
It sounds like you don't like MMOs - so expecting an MMO to change just for you is a bit much, no?

That said, the game is definitely best played solo or in small groups. The stories are too personal and the flow is not well suited for multiple players standing around listening to their own thing.

SWtOR did this much better, because it allowed players to participate together during story exposition and NPC interaction.

This game is clearly designed by people who don't understand how MMOs should work - and that's unfortunate.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential