View Single Post

November 8th, 2013, 19:19
Well, he is writing a column at pc games - in German, where he writes about all the press work they did beforehand.

I think with showing the fast reaction on the nethermancer tier, he showed that he is able to learn.
However: I have read several Interviews with Guido to other topics and judging from them and other sources like his comments in podcasts (there is also a english podcast about deathfire) I can say that I hardly know anyone else who is that "thoughtful" and down-to-earth. And well, he is German.
His focus is on the game content and not on showing how awesome he is as a person. And while that is a good thing on the one hand, it's a bad thing for Kickstarter. For a kickstarter presentation it's best if you are a person who stands in the middle of stuff. Who can sell himself as a product. Like Tim Schäfer or Brian Fargo. From what I know that's not in the German game developer culture at all. In Germany these are team efforts. And the only "vocal" person I know is this Crytek guy (who is actually turkish). I guess presenting himself like that is something Guido is really not comfortable with.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor