View Single Post

November 10th, 2013, 05:44
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
Has he said it's going to be linear?

What will the combat be like? What tactical options (if at all) will you have? Will there be formations? How is ranged combat initiated/ will it be possible at all? How much focus will be on combat vs. other gameplay? Will there be cheap options like lots of potion chugging or will you need to be more careful?

We know there will be interactions, but it remains very unclear how that will go down and what consequences there will be. In the pitch Guido says that a companion might just up and leave. Ok, but how can I deal with that? Can I make up another character on the fly? Can I recruit another NPC? Is there any way I can tell that a party member is close to his/ her breaking point? What can I do about that? Furthermore, why don't these personalities extend into combat (Guido said that in combat everyone is under your full control)?
These are actually pretty good questions and you should ask me these over in our official forums or in the Kickstarter comment section. As much as I like RPGWatch, sadly, on a remote comment thread such as this, questions like these will go mostly unnoticed, because I simply can't be in all places at once, and I stop by here irregularly, mostly skimming over posts.

I will try to answer your question later when I have a bit more time. Sorry for being so verbose right now.
Last edited by Guido Henkel; November 10th, 2013 at 05:59.

Guido Henkel

Storyteller