View Single Post

November 12th, 2013, 19:49
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
The reason why most kickstarter projects only offer that when the goal is secured is because otherwise everyone who prefers to pledge via paypal instead of credit card is one person lost for reaching the kickstarter goal.
It was said by one company a few months ago that it was Kickstarter policy to only allow PayPal after the funding has been secured. I don't remember which campaign it was, only that it was succesful. Could have been the Torment one, it was a while ago. Maybe the policy has changed or it's only half the truth (like the claim that European devs can't get on Kickstarter).

edit: I'm not talking about a parallel PayPal campaign but one that is integrated into the Kickstarter account.

Example:

Thorvalla had a kickstarter site but they also accepted PayPal pledges on their homepage. That's not what I mean. I mean that PayPal can be integrated into the Kickstarter account after the funding goal has been met. This was done by at least one project… I think it's not Torment but Divinity: Original Sin.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."
Last edited by Sacred_Path; November 12th, 2013 at 20:20.

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror