View Single Post

November 20th, 2013, 13:30
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I think "dislike" is the wrong term to use in your example. People don't continue to watch something they dislike. At least most people don't. It wouldn't make any sense.

People will however continue to watch something that they've lost a considerable amount of interest in for exactly the reasons you listed.

If it does reach the point where they actually dislike it, they're going to stop watching it completely. At least a normal person would.
If we're going into semantics, I think it's about reacting to your dislike and making a final decision.

You can catch an episode or two that you actively dislike, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily dislike all future episodes.

However, you just might dislike all future episodes. You obviously can't know.

So, yeah, people can keep watching a show they've started to dislike - but once they decide "that's it, I dislike it enough to stop expecting something better" - that's over.

At this point, I don't like TWD at all. If it had started out like this, I would have said I dislike it and stopped watching.

But I know that sometimes it can be ok - and that it was once great.

So, overall, I'm not disliking it enough to quit just yet, though I've been close on several occasions.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential