View Single Post

November 23rd, 2013, 00:31
I like some challenge, but I freely admit that I have lost the art of figuring out exact tactics by trial and error to succeed in games. I'm not complaining, I just found it very hard to dodge Letho's attacks, of which three could easily down me if they connected full on with Geralt. After trying for about 20 times, I simply wanted it over with. Somehow I've lost the enjoyment of figuring out a fight and sticking with it until I succeed, over the years.

Part of it is wanting to enjoy the story and world, and not having the flow of the game be interrupted too much that I get stuck. I'm thinking of adventure games these days, where I resort to looking at a walkthrough for a solution much sooner than, say, when I was playing Space Quest.

I guess I wasn't properly prepared, neither, but that's how TW2 plays; if you didn't have your stuff together before the fight, got your bombs, traps, potions, etc. in order, you better load a previous save. And I rarely enjoy going back to an earlier save to replay content I've already played through.

So different play styles, I guess. I used to be pretty bad ass at Giana Sisters on the Commodore 64, which skill I attained through repeatedly playing through the same levels MANY times until I perfected them. Where has the time gone…

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game a lot. Something like this does not dissuade me from that.

Thaurin

SasqWatch