View Single Post

November 30th, 2013, 16:00
Originally Posted by xenocide View Post
Cloud Saves: Is it only cloud saves or in addition to local saves? If only cloud that is a big minus, I should not be forced to download my own saves.

Extras: this is not a plus but a minus. It's not a big deal if all the extras are minor cosmetic stuff. I hate the trend of having content determined by when I buy, where I buy, whether I visit the E3 booth, trading with people online, etc. For a MMORPG some of that is fine, but for a single player game I should get the damn full game when I buy the damn full game.
In defense of cloud saves. I have cloud saves on steam and its use is completely invisible. It was a huge god send when I got my new rig and all my save games were in the steam cloud and not on my prior hard drive.

However, as unobtrusive as the cloud save were, Steam did it by default and without my knowledge. I was sorta bummed but I was sorta appreciative and I was very confused.

Still, Might and Magic 6 was my favorite M&M, so step based movement was not the direction I was looking for in M&M 10. And now Ubisoft has nicely positioned their game as a wait and see event for me. Sorta sorry to see this coming from my favorite CRPG franchise.

sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, . . .

there, lets sorta hope I got that out of my system . . .

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch