Thread: PC RPG for 2013
View Single Post

December 1st, 2013, 11:23
Originally Posted by Ihaterpg View Post
For Agarest I was wondering if it was more a RPG or more a clear Tactical RPG. I'm hesitant on this game because of the clear JRPG lineage, usually it lead developers to design the game with some elements I don't like much, like too many fights, grinding, too many random encounters, a too deliberate teenish approach. But no idea if this game has any of those characteristics.
It's 100% a tactical RPG, and it's FULL of random battles, grinding, and the most otaku/kawaii/hentai approach you'll find in a game… FFS, you get to choose a wife to mary, and then you play with your son. And then your repeat that, for 5 generations.

But behind all that, there's a extremely complex battle system, full of classes, weapons, skills, combinations, monsters that you can capture and use in combat, formations and all you can imagine… seriously, it's a tactical jRPG fan dream game.

Originally Posted by zahratustra
errrr… if you consider those two as RPGs than you have huuuuugely broad definition of what RPG is.
Eador maybe, but Agarest is a tactical RPG, I see no reason why it wouldn't be considered a RPG.

フエフエ。

felipepepe

Codex Refugee