View Single Post

December 9th, 2013, 13:01
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
No, the point is everything you say you like in an RPG Dark Souls has. You don't seem to have a real reason for not liking the game, so I assume you fall into the category of people who just couldn't step up the the challenge and not one of those who could and consequentially found an immensely rewarding and replayable game therein.
That, or you suck at putting yourself in the shoes of people who're not irrationally attached to everything in Dark Souls - who're able to see where exploration, story and NPC interaction falter in it.

I know which I'm betting on

If you want examples of good exploration, look towards games like Fallout 3 or Skyrim - where you find unique stories with appropriate environs that go along with them. In Dark Souls - you explore mostly empty hallways or rooms with the same breakable tables over and over, and you're lucky if you find an entire sentence printed on the floor now and again. Sure, the ARCHITECTURE is nice - but that's not at all enough for me.

Exploration, to me, is not finding loot, loot and more loot. Just as I'm not interested in combat, combat and more combat.

The NPCs are deliberately opaque and vague - which I find boring. I don't care to imagine my story - I want it to be told.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential