View Single Post

December 11th, 2013, 22:37
I bought a Nexus 7 recently and I was surprised by the number of really good games available for it. Not a whole bunch of CRPG's yet, but across all genres, there are many excellent games available. Tablet gaming, by nature of the touch screen, offers a different type of gaming than the PC. It's not a replacement for a desktop or even a laptop. It just offers a different gaming experience. Like someone else said, it's nice to be able go online, read an ebook or play a game while in bed or on the couch. That's not really all that pleasant with a laptop, no matter how small.

I would question how well a game like Jade Empire or Divine Divinity would play on a tablet even if you could get it to run, unless it was modified specifically for touch screen gameplay. FWIW, the Baldur's Gate remake games are going to be released soon on Android and iOS., so there does seem to be a trend toward making older CRPG's specifically modified for touchscreen devices. I'm currently playing Shadowrun Returns and have also started Call of Cthulhu Wasted Lands as well as Questlord, 9th Dawn, Heroes of Steel and Pocket RPG to name a few good ones.
Last edited by Sir Markus; December 11th, 2013 at 22:46. Reason: Just wanted to add a few examples of good touchscreen rpgs

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch