View Single Post

December 12th, 2013, 15:13
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Not so much of a fan as that I advocate your position - first-hand experience beats out something from a spec sheet. Integrated graphics from the initial Intel chipsets were really awful … but as of the 4000 and *especially* the 5000 series , you really do get decent performance in even modern games. Very surprising, but it keeps me as a 'non-graphics zealot' happy.
Show me some 4000 and 5000 series benchmarks in Battlefield 4 and Crysis 3 and we'll talk about decent performance in "modern games"! It only takes a GTX670 to come even with Xbox One, which gets you geared up for "next-gen" games. But these Intel solutions don't even come close to being ready for gaming.
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
But the whole purpose here is not about 'will the iPad / Nexus / Galaxy / Kindle / Surface replace my desktop for gaming' … but rather 'can I get reasonable gaming enjoyment from this device as a long-time PC gamer'. The answer to the first is NO, but to the second is YES!
Gaming tablets? Yes/No?

I believe No is a better answer.

Sure, there are ways to wriggle the answer around to yes if you make multiple exceptions and allowances and don't expect results that would rival a 3 year old, second hand laptop, or even a mobile phone, at half the price. But at the end of the day that tablet PC is, at best, a 6 year old PC with no graphics card. No serious gamer could give that a thumbs up for gaming. Waste of money.

PS. I haven't even mentioned the storage space on those things! YUK!

http://videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.ph…D+5000&id=2552
Here's the benchmarks for the HD 5000… If we assume its actually 2007 and crysis just came out, its still not good enough!
Last edited by SirJames; December 12th, 2013 at 15:25.

SirJames

SasqWatch