View Single Post

December 14th, 2013, 17:43
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
If they can make Fallout 4 as much of an improvement as Fallout NV is over Fallout 3, then I am sure I'll be wasting a lot of time playing the game.
Different developer, but yeah if they can get themselves to learn about what can be done with their engine, that would be great.

I know some people dislike Morrowind, but IMHO they could also learn a few things about their earlier games. Seeing as maybe 15 of the 25 people who worked on Morrowind still work at Bethesda Game Studios out of the 200+ that work their now, so sometimes I feel it could just have been a different studio entirely.

Fallout 3 had a little bit to much of "Wouldn't it be cool if…" design, (Wouldn't it be cool to blow up a town, wouldn't it be cool if there was a town just with children, etc.) without making the world make sense and feel connected.

Oblivion had a bit of the same problem with types of ruins feeling disjointed from the backstory. They have also stated they removed alot of the political backstory from Oblivion, I hope they don't make the same mistake again. There is a risk of them rushing and scrapping things again here because Oblivion was and Fallout 4 is a new console game.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel