View Single Post

December 25th, 2013, 23:35
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Been playing the Divinity: Original Sin alpha.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dialogue system though. Controlling two characters and having them talk to each other while choosing the replies for both feels a bit odd. I can see how it would be cool in multiplayer, but in singleplayer it just feels redundant to me.
Sounds good. About the Dialogue system: Larian has promised to add a couple of A.I options for your companion if I am not mistaken (I guess you pick one as your main character ?). So you would pick a personality i.e. for the female char and the game would fill out the responses? Obviously not in the Alpha if it is indeed coming. Not 100% sure though…

Edit: Ah yes they mention the AI personalities in the last paragraphs of update #8. I hope this was not scrapped because this is how I intend to play. They seem to have kept quite a few features under wrappers in the Alpha, (i.e. companions NPC schedules etc. etc.) understandable I guess. I imagine the Beta will give us a clearer picture of how things stand in regards to these features…
Last edited by JonNik; December 26th, 2013 at 00:13.

JonNik

SasqWatch