View Single Post

December 30th, 2013, 14:05
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I don't have a negative opinion of DLC in the same way I don't have a negative opinion of capitalism.

Capitalism would have been a fine economic system if people were different. But people are people, so a system that's so easily exploitable will be exploited. That's just how it is.
I guess that it is just a change in philosophies.

You can open up a shop, having several ideas in mind - some of them even at the same time :

- Helping people
- Offering people a service
- Using the shop as a tool to gain more money, personally
- Using the shop as means to exploit people by creating unnatural desires in them to buy things, thus make them kind of addicted

and so on.

The change in Philosophy occurred at one point in the past - or has it always been there ?

However, nowadays, one can say that the bigger tzhe company/fiorm, the more is is only serving one purpose : Exploiting customer's purse and amassing money into the direction of the shareholders & top positions within that firm.

This is the change in Philosophy :

No more is the customer the center of the firm development,
but the money is.

All the firm's actions are centered around the question : How can this generate even more money ?

This means that customers are no more regarded as humans - but as money-bags, to put it very cynically.

Where does this come from ? This center around money ?
I don't know,
but the perhaps mopst easiest explanation would be to say it's just greed.
Greed of whom ?
In my opinion not the Greed of the workers,
but rather the Greed of the Shareholders, and the firm's top positions, since they usually hold a quite large amount of the shares.

However, no matter how you put it, in my opinion the change is there, it's that the economy is centered around money.
It's as if "Money" has become a Meta-Being, of which we are all nothing but string-puppets, and the strings are called "greed".

We need to change that to focus the customer againb, so that the economy becomes part of Humanity again.

And, right now the trend is there to even measure behaviour that should not be measured against economy values, to measure it against economic values.

One example is that cutting of school years of 13 to 12 here - simply to make pupils ready for "the Market" in much shorter time.
And it is an open secret that school learning is no more for the benefit of the pupil - it is there for the benefit of "The Economy" ( the faster they can get to work, the better for the firms ! ) , because pupils are considered "human resources" nowadays, or "work-meat", to put it more cynically.

Edit : I just found this comment (Source below) :
Winthrop Staples
Newbury Park, CA
Verified

This touches on why I enjoy Le Carre novels, and BBC movies based on them so much more than the explosion and killing a minute, what Le Carre has said "films reduced to primal grunts and groans", current major films. Now it is of course possible for game designers to create games that value intellect, cunning and adult like scientific patience and self control that enables defeating enemies and major real world problems. But that would create a generation of intellectually engaged children and young adults who would do math and science in vast numbers, and so negate the exuse for our 1% for importing millions of immigrant STEM's they use as mercenary pawns to kill middle class wages. So no, we will not see games that value thought over irrational emotion filled violence - that like most current media is designed to make the populace non-critical dumbed down vulnerable consumers of high profit margin junk, made with overseas slave labor. A populace unable to figure out and oppose all manner of manipulation and deceit used by our uber leaders to squeeze ever more wealth and power out of us - like the post- medieval serfs, that chop each other up in sword and hatched fantasy games.
Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:18 p.m.
Source : http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20…violence/?_r=0

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR