View Single Post

December 30th, 2013, 14:25
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
The thing about money is that it's not actual value - but a symbol of value.
If you exchange the word "value" with "power" then I can agree to you.

Money = Power To Do Anything You Want, Even Kill People (if you can find someone who accepts money as pay<ment).

I think that Money has become an überstrong symbol of power. With enough money, you can literally buy ANYTHING. So Money = Power.

And power-hungry people might want to amass even more power,
and if mony = power, then the easiest way to amass power is = to amass money.

I have read in an article about an Scientific article which touches anotherthis problem from another angle : "Overearning", to be found in "Psychological Science 24/6, 2013, 852-859", University Of Chicago.

This is an scientific proof that Greed is able to make people amass things - money, too.
And that even if that sheer mass doesn't have any "value" anymore. One just cannot east as many bread-and-butter-meals with 10 Millions earned a year. For 10 Millions bought bread-and-butter-meals just cannot be eaten by a single person, which means that these 10 Millions of Dollars (currency example) just don't have any real-life-value anymore. ( I call this the "bread-and-butter - Index".)

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR