View Single Post

January 2nd, 2014, 16:19
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
Actually I don't believe that many people know how sad this was for the concerning people.

Let me explain: Ossian Studios had been screwed by Bioware / Atari for their would-be premium module "Darkness over Daggerford" without getting paid. They were handed the "City Aventure" of "Mysteries of Westgate" which was shelved for over 12 month and then went on to produce "Witcher - Scars of Betrayal" which was canceled.

It was even harder for roXidy Games, who started as the DLA team for NWN, where hired by Bioware to produce "Wyvern Crown of Cormyr" (dropping all DLA assets), which hung in limbo to be published as a premium module for 6 months. It was published eventually, but the program was canceled and WCoC 2+3 were busted. They founded roXidy Games and were to produce "Witcher - Outcast", which was canceled, too.

Ossian and roXidy are my definition of vicitims in the games business. Great talent - no chance…
That's sad indeed, it was a brilliant game and I think that many people would have bought that DLC (me included).

basharran

Watchdog