View Single Post

January 3rd, 2014, 01:03
Watched Ender's Game. I read and loved the book but heard bad things about the movie, so I didn't go to see it in cinema. All in all, it wasn't up to par. It should have been three movies, like The Hobbit , or a series. The movie felt a bit rushed, I didn't get a feel for the characters and I don't think someone not familiar with the book would understand a whole lot. Sure, the story was the same, but it somehow felt like much was missing, even at about two hours runtime. *)

That said, while I don't feel sorry I watched the movie I think it's a shame there wasn't more to it.

6/10

*) I read most other Ender's Game books out there, and they expand a lot on other characters like Bean, Petra, Valentine and Peter. So maybe I was projecting that knowledge on the first story.. not sure, they didn't play much of a role in the movie.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team