View Single Post

January 3rd, 2014, 17:12
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I would never buy NWN DLC nor I think it was a brilliant game.
So I'm not with the many who'd buy it.

Besides, all The Witcher DLC is free. For that reason I'm sad expansions were cancelled. Meanwhile we got TW2 and soon TW3 is coming with free DLC so the sadness is not deep. Maybe those planned expansions for TW get included in TW3.
Mmh, sad. DoD is a wonderful, if flawed game. It was no DLC, but a digitally distributed expansion. WCoC and MoW (for NWN2) were short but fine, too.

The destruction of the Premium Adventures (NWN) / City Adventures (NWN2) program by ATARI was the worst thing possible for the fleding scene that had developed under the AURORA engine community. It threw independant game development at least two years back.

If you don't like NWN, but want to experience what actually was / is possible using AURORA, then play THE HEX CODA. Even if it is unfinished for the above reasons, it will open your eyes.

BTW: The only games I ever bought in digital destribution are NWN expansions. NWN (the engine, not the vanilla game) was a stroke of genius. Period.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker