View Single Post

January 18th, 2014, 16:13
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Skyrim's successor won't hit the market till 2017. I wish it wasn't so. I personally would give up the Fallout franchise to get TES games every 3-3 1/2 years.
Elder Scrolls Online will, if I had to guess, cap the franchise for the next half-decade at least. For one, I'm starting to agree with publications in that there's little chance it makes back its (rumored) $200+ million production cost. That's a helluva lot of money for a studio like Bethesda. Can you imagine what a commercial collapse of this game could mean? I doubt it will happen, but even Forbes is predicting a "disaster". That may kill the franchise entirely.

Second, for those who do decide to pay $60 for the online game and then $15/month, they'll get their fix for the next several years as Bethesda rapid-fires content upgrades as a lesson-learned from BioEA's SW: Old Republic early stumbles. There's a burnout factor to consider.

I liked Skyrim, but have zero interest in it myself considering the cost and subscription combined with the fact that it will be a bloated year for RPG gaming options.

And I'd be fine if Bethesda gets out of the Fallout business-- provided they give everything back to Obsidian.

ChaosTheory

Keeper of the Watch