View Single Post

January 19th, 2014, 16:12
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Just saw Cargo.

In the beginning, it reminded me of Dark City.
In the middle, it reminded me of Alien.
In the end, it reminded me of Matrix.

Case in point, try to see this movie - it's great sci! The end is the only part that kind of plods along and could have used some refinement. Don't let the German language/subtitles scare you off. It's up to par with Europa Report and better than any recent Hollywood schlock.
Never heard of it before you dug it up, in the end found it, watched it.

Positives: story, acting, effects, sound.
Negative: I simply couldn't get the feeling it's happening on a space ship and not in some underground facility.

The sum: It could have been a classic if made as a postnuclear flick of moving survivors by some underground travel to a "paradise" city (yes it would copy a certain idea from Total Recall remake, so what?) or shooting could use more transitions from outside to inside the spaceship and vice versa.

Good sci-fi that will work even with the audience that doesn't like sci-fi. Nothing spectacular though so you won't be missing anything if you don't watch it, but also won't be dissapointed if you do:
C+

I'm talking about Cargo. For that other movie I've seen in comments "NASA docu-drama" and I can't be arsed to watch that. Real NASA doesn't share everything publically and I couldn't care less for fabricated stories about that and any similar agency. Add to that Europa and speculations of life on it again possible because of real NASA's deliberate ignorance, I'll get even more sick.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor