View Single Post

January 20th, 2014, 20:45
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
I think the biggest problem with dark souls is that to find the choices and consequences as well as the depths requires a lot of investment and without using guides most people will never find them at all.
I agree with your comment though I wouldn't label this a 'problem.' But post game for both games (Demon's Souls and Dark Souls) I did get on the net to learn more about each game and I learned about quite a bit of content that I hadn't experienced in either game. Particularly content intended for New Game+++.

But the content along with the time it takes to get to it and experience it is just too much for me. covenants, for example, is an interesting gameplay element. But now that my character is at a point to really take advantage of the concept, I am kind of burnt out on the game, at least for now.

That said, I would NOT change this. For those people who got into this game more than I, I think this kind of content is great and adds flavor to the game after essentially 'beating' it.

I think Dark Souls handles content better than Demon's Souls. In my first playthrough of Demon's Souls I was never able to free the guy in prison in the Tower of Latria simply because I did not have a firm understanding of World Tendancy and early on botched any chance I had of completing that quest in my first playthrough. And right now, I'm too burnt out on Demon's Souls to play to the point where I could free him.

But I feel like such a quest as freeing the guy in prision should have been completable on the first playthrough. Anyway, both games are really fun I wouldn't change much of anything - something there for everyone.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch