View Single Post

January 27th, 2014, 04:20
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
You must have missed where I mentioned that those games also track height. That's your 3rd axis, from the level/map perspective.
You must have missed the part where I pointed out x and y without z is only two dimensions, no matter what stunts developers pull to make it seem as if it's three. By the way, one z axis issue these 2.5D games always had that's easy to spot is the way shots seem to automatically track sharply up or down to hit targets that appear to be above or below, even though the player has not changed their point of aim. And in fact the player usually cannot aim up or down, because up or down don't really exist. You see, it's only an illusion that those enemies are at a different height. They're really on the same plane as the player.

You ever seen anything like that, Stingray?

Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I don't remember your weird rants being mentioned in the graphics classes I took when getting my degree, so I doubt any textbooks have to be rewritten.
Graphics, again? Who here is talking about graphics, besides you? Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that you don't remember what your instructors told you in college. You don't even remember what you said yourself, last night. That's why you work graveyard shift at a gas station, isn't it?

By the way, have you noticed yet your allies have abandoned you?

CraigCWB

Sentinel