View Single Post

January 28th, 2014, 08:51
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I was always a huge fan of the setting though (First with Greyhawk and then Forgotten Realms). I had a bunch of D&D books when I was a kid, and I would spends hours just flipping through the monster manuals and reading the descriptions.
Pretty much like me and Ars Magica. I used to buy as many books as I could get my hands on (Not very many as I was a poor uni student and they were never that easy to get hold of even then). Never could pry my friends away from DnD and the White Wolf stuff (Mostly Vampire and Werewolf although I did a couple of sessions of Vampire Dark ages and a bit of Shadowrun with another troupe myself) to get a campaign going…

P.S We did about everything from DnD though. Started with Greyhawk, moved up to from the ashes (or down if you are talking quality or at least fun imo ), then Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance (lots of it). We used to adore Ravenloft and did a little of Dark sun and even that part strategy thingy… Arrg what was its name…

Ooops how could I forget. Lots and lots of Planescape… Still can't put my finger on the other thing…

Oh yes Birthright! Damn memory is definitely going.

P.P.S No Spelljamer that I can remember though (although someone must have bought a book because I remember leafing through one for ideas in one of my many DM stints)
Last edited by JonNik; January 28th, 2014 at 09:04.

JonNik

SasqWatch