View Single Post

January 29th, 2014, 01:58
Originally Posted by PegasusOrgans View Post
RPG gamers "waiting for sales", buying used and/or pirating is what killed off our classic old school RPGs.
Huh? Back then, waiting for a sale was risky. You would have to hope you managed to find the game in the bargain bin when the retailer finally decided to take it off the shelf. And if the retailer decided not to bother with a bargain bin… no game for you.

The thing is, NOTHING killed off the old school RPGs. They evolved. New ideas came in and, if they were popular, stuck around. Not so good ideas went away (well, except for depth of field… but there's still hope). The audience changed, too. Games had to start appealing to people weren't smart enough to figure out high memory vs. expanded memory. Culture changes meant many people couldn't possibly pay attention to a game for more than 5 minutes without getting distracted.

Lastly, As for having "plenty of games" check my Steam account, I'm probably more backlogged than most, but after having RPGs nearly disappear (other than typical RPG/FPS games like Fallout 3, Mass Effect or the Diablo clones) I am going to do my part so that the next great titles can be made, despite the odds.
Uhh, no. If they want to do some sort of charity where we give them money then they make the best game they can with it and then give it away to everyone for free then I might do that. Otherwise, this is a straight up business deal.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?